Passat 2007 cranks no start

Post your technical questions here.
DeadNeo
sacwater noob
sacwater noob

Passat 2007 cranks no start

Postby DeadNeo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:16 am

Been a while since I've been here or owned a VW, hasn't been a month since I bought the car and forced to seek answers from other troubled VW owners, anyway here's a short story

80k miles, 2.0T wolfsburg edition, everything worke fine at in the beginning, while i was at work my girl decided it be good idea to put in aftermarket radio, she obviously shorted something out, because she cut the wiring harness to blue connector and even though car was working for a few days after she did that but last time she was messing with it the attempt at starting the car failed. The car did start somewhat but, had obvious signs or low gas or not sure but it was choking and died. It started one more time before eating up the key and completely going dark. So... we went through all the fuses and got the original radio back in, got the dash lights back on and everything else but the fuel pump, at least is what I think, I don't hear it power on when I insert the key in, tho there is sound of 2 clicks when i turn the ignition on, not sure if its normal or not. There is another thing though, fuse on driver side panel #15 is blowing upon contact, there is no fuse diagram owners manual says it's a window washing system, one website listed it as engine management while other says it's climatic control. I haven't called dealership yet, but doubt they going to be any help without my checkbook.

I don't have a vag-com and not sure what next steps to take, any ideas or recommendations would be really a helpful, Thank you

GTIDSG4ME
Grillmeister

Re: Passat 2007 cranks no start

Postby GTIDSG4ME » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:37 am

You clearly have a short if you keep popping a fuse. Tracing that is going to be time consuming. I'm betting vcds can not even talk to the canbus. I hooked up mine to a similar situation one time and the car fried my dongle. So, I wish you luck.
zuhaelter_82 wrote:Dude! That car is consuming you.

Current problem children:
56 Bug
90 GLI
08 GTI
06 A3
Dearly departed:
67 Type 3 FB
04 GTI
89 GTI
92 GLI
01 Passat Wagon
02 GLI

xspeedracer
sacwater diehard
sacwater diehard

Re: Passat 2007 cranks no start

Postby xspeedracer » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:45 pm

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2003 MK4 GTI 1.8T K&W coilover suspension, GC Camber plates, SR R swaybar , TT brake upgrade, 3"TB exhaust, Meistro tuning, S3 strut bar, DV, VF Motor mounts and 034 pedelum race mount, TT front Brakes, H2Sport Control arms.

Return to “Technical”