Wheels void mk6 jet ta warranty?

Post your technical questions here.
GTIDSG4ME
Grillmeister

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Wheels void mk6 jet ta warranty?

Postby GTIDSG4ME » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:52 am

77blazerdriver wrote:
GTIDSG4ME wrote:
Nolando wrote:
The Don wrote:
Nolando wrote:
The Don wrote:
400HPA4 wrote:It is not likely replacing the wheels would ever void the warranty. The manufacturer would have to prove the wheels were the direct cause for failure.

Unless your father asked him directly if the wheels would void his warranty, Joe is out of line even discussing it.

While correct for factory warranty, when I call in extended warranty claims they ask if there has has been any modifications. So they could potentially use it again but unless it was something grossly oversized they probably wont.
They're just my 18x8 Roderick wheels with 225/40/18. So, same rolling diameter as stock. Just wider. But, from what my dad was telling me, Joe was saying that anything at all can really be used to deny claims.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Joe is an idiot. They have to be proven to be the cause of failure to deny factory warranty. Aftermarket warranty has their own rules.
It was the extended warranty, I think, that Joe was referring to.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act BITCHES!

Only works for factory warranties

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busines ... aw#stating
not so sure...................
zuhaelter_82 wrote:Dude! That car is consuming you.

Current problem children:
56 Bug
90 GLI
08 GTI
06 A3
Dearly departed:
67 Type 3 FB
04 GTI
89 GTI
92 GLI
01 Passat Wagon
02 GLI

The Don
Vice President

Re: Wheels void mk6 jet ta warranty?

Postby The Don » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:56 pm

Warranty companies can write into the contract that aftermarket modifications can void coverage. They want to get out of paying as much as possible.
Last name Ever. First name Greatest. I'm like a sprained ankle nuthin to mess with. Drake

Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country. J.F.K.

Return to “Technical”