Another12vowner
The Jooos son

July 2016 C.O.T.M.

Postby Another12vowner » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:05 am

Congrats to Nick and "Bitchbasket"!!!

Your Name: Nick Tolbert

Car's Name: Bitchbasket

Model/Year: 1987 Cabriolet

How long have you had your car? Bought it my junior year of high school. Roughly 4 years now. This is my first car

Is there anything unique about the history of this car? It was originally bought in 90212 Beverly Hills, CA. So close

Why did you choose to purchase this car? I couldn't find a hardtop for a decent price

Does anything in particular influence the direction you take when modifying your car? The whole car scene as a whole really. Talking ideas with people, watching youtube aftermovies of SoWo, H2Oi, Worthersee, etc, following builds on vortex, instagram, facebook and such. There are so many different things that I see and try to spin off of

What would you do to the car if money were no object? Complete strip down and rebuild, repaint alpine white, ABA turbo on ITBs, berg cup kit on some wide custom 15" 3 piece bbs bugattis, oxen red mk2 Recaro seats with mesh headrests

Who has been your biggest critic of this project? Me

Personal Message or Special Thanks: Brian for spending over 12 hours helping me replace the convertible top at his shop. Pretty much all of you have helped me in one way or another with advice or selling me parts or finding me things I needed. Landon/Pat/Nolan/Ricky/Jason/Rich/Will/Andrew/Kenny/Everyone

Car Details

Interior Modifications: Only original things are the dash itself, carpet, and center console.
Reupholstered the stock sport seats in Red Oxen vinyl, sourced a set of almost matching red door cards from a later cabby (thanks Brian and Landon). also a red rear parcel tray from the same cabby, Windesa wind screen, Porsche 944 glovebox latch, Michelotti Studio Tecnica steering wheel with a Momo hub, Tech53 steering column bushing, delrin gas pedal bushing, white LED dash lights, brand new switches all around with all corresponding lights working correctly, chrome inner door pulls, MHW red dice lock knobs, chrome quick release fire extinguisher mount with 1.5lb extinguisher, chrome rear view mirror vinyl wrapped to match steering wheel, Redds Apple Ale shift knob :huh:

Stereo: Oldschool dual knob Blaupunkt (not hooked up so I actually use a Phillips bluetooth speaker)

Exterior Modifications: Smallbumper eurobumpers, smoked turn signals, clear Mercedes G Wagon side markers with amber and red LEDs, chrome small euro waistline and rocker panel trim, Porsche script door handles with brand new seals, small duckbill, GTI wiper arm with spoiler, OEM A pillar fairings, OEM drivers chrome flag mirror with passenger delete, euro postal tail lights, matching red oxen boot cover BRAND NEW TOP

Wheels/Tires: BBS Bugatti, 165-45-15 Federal Formoza FD1

Brakes: 9.4" Autotech Clubsport rotors with Hawk HPS pads

Engine: Original 1.8 8v, G60 Valve Cover, Scientific Rabbit custom intake manifold, Neuspeed throttle body, big bore intake pipe, K&N air filter, SCE shortened and reinforced oil pan, windage tray, small external oil cooler, Techtonics race front and rear motor mounts, Techtonics HD side motor mounts, MissingLinkz complete heim joint shift linkage, Techtonics short shifter, all shift bushings are delrin, USRT Mushmeister for the clutch cable, SCCH shift base heim joint, Peloquin 80% differential kit

Exhaust: No Name 4-2-1 Headers, 2" straight back to a Magnaflow muffler

Suspension: Raceland Ultimos, Fastbunnymetalworks front strut mount extenders with HD audi 90 bushings, notched frame, Welded LCAs with poly, new tie rods with poly rack bushings, custom LCA single point brace since I cant drive this low with the k-bar, Big'ol Neuspeed rear sway bar with no front, Neuspeed front strut brace, Autotech rear strut brace, Ultra Racing 4 point trunk brace

Future Mods: Too many things, most of this I have sitting in my room just waiting for me to get to.
Rebuilt 2.0 aba bottom end with solid lifter big valve jh head with the works, too decide between callaway valve cover or schrick valve cover :evil: lightened flywheel, new clutch/pressure plate, big brake kit, rear disc brake conversion, raxle axles, ABF alternator/serpentine, berg cup kit, get the mid-hatch spoiler on
I alone stand in a social corner- Aesop Rock
Everyone telling me what I need. They can play a role in my life, but never the lead -Lil Wayne
-Jake

veedubman72
sacwater diehard
sacwater diehard

Re: July 2016 C.O.T.M.

Postby veedubman72 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:07 am

needs picks with the top up. :thumbup:
k8TDI wrote:You're weird

vdubn78
sacwater noob
sacwater noob

Postby vdubn78 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:58 pm

Congrats on COTM, the cabby is lookin good :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

DucMike
President

Postby DucMike » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:52 pm

:thumbup: Good stuff man. Congrats!
Mike S. :roll: (and where the hell is my smilee?)
2008 .:R32
2003 GTI 20th A.E.
1996 GTI VR6
1991 B3 Variant
1976 Rabbit
1966 T3 Variant

"What; was she Australian or something?"
"No, she was white."

GTIDSG4ME
Grillmeister

Postby GTIDSG4ME » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:16 pm

That is a sexy [bish] Nick. It has come so far.
zuhaelter_82 wrote:Dude! That car is consuming you.

Current problem children:
56 Bug
90 GLI
08 GTI
06 A3
Dearly departed:
67 Type 3 FB
04 GTI
89 GTI
92 GLI
01 Passat Wagon
02 GLI

DucMike
President

Postby DucMike » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:12 am

GTIDSG4ME wrote:That is a sexy [bish] bucket Nick. It has come so far.

Let me fix that for ya... :roll:
Mike S. :roll: (and where the hell is my smilee?)
2008 .:R32
2003 GTI 20th A.E.
1996 GTI VR6
1991 B3 Variant
1976 Rabbit
1966 T3 Variant

"What; was she Australian or something?"
"No, she was white."

Another12vowner
The Jooos son

Postby Another12vowner » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:21 am

I agree this car has come such a long way. Those wheels look like they were meant for that car!!! Congrats Nick
I alone stand in a social corner- Aesop Rock
Everyone telling me what I need. They can play a role in my life, but never the lead -Lil Wayne
-Jake

TastyMcNugget
sacwater regular
sacwater regular

Postby TastyMcNugget » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:58 pm

I love the car man
"Bagged on racelands" -Katie (k8TDI)-

77blazerdriver
Co-Vice President/Cat Herder

Postby 77blazerdriver » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:44 pm

Congrats Nick. Car looks great.
Will
05 B5.5 Passat wagon 4 motion 1.8T
[O===\x/===O] 90 Jetta AWW 1.8T/02J swap - Way better then the old 8V auto combo.
[O=o=\X/=o=O] 91 GTI 8v t-red - Sold
[__]==\X/==[__] 91 GLI 16v t-red - sold
97 Golf Gl Black - sold

k8TDI
Double Cheese Bagel

Postby k8TDI » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:28 pm

Yay lil cabby!!! But, where is the cheese!? The wheel of cheese is my favorite part of this car!!!

Return to “Car Of The Month”