Another12vowner
The Jooos son

April 2016 C.O.T.M. Landon's 2016 Jetta S 1.4T

Postby Another12vowner » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:17 am

Your Name: Landon Capagli
Car's Name: Lo(a)Ner
Model/Year: 2016 Jetta S 1.4T

How long have you had your car? 3 Weeks

Is there anything unique about the history of this car? In March of 2015, I special ordered a TDI Golf Sportwagen. When the car arrived in June, it was the wrong car. They had to reorder it, which then made it a 2016 TDI. It arrived on Sept. 18, 2015, and then the TDI scandal hit. They stopped all sales on the 2016 TDI cars, and my Sportwagen is still sitting at the port. Still needing a new car, we purchased a 2013 Jetta S (CPO) certified pre owned, to fill our needs while waiting for VW and CARB to figure out a fix for the TDI. The CPO Jetta ended up being a totaled car, that was never reported to CarFax. After it filled up with water in a rainstorm, the dealer took the car back, and put us in our brand new 2016 "Lo(a)Ner".

Why did you choose to purchase this car? Being that we are waiting for a brand new car, I wanted something cheap enough to avoid losing my back side on depreciation. This car will eventually be sold off when/if we ever get our 2016 Sportwagen.

Does anything in particular influence the direction you take when modifying your car? I look back at my 2001 Jetta Wolfsburg, and keep that as an influence for the direction I take on this car. I want something simple, clean, and OEM+.

What would you do to the car if money were no object? Been there, done that. I learned from the mistakes I made in the past. Having already built a car with the "money is no object" mentality, I would sell this car, and buy a Maserati.

Who has been your biggest critic of this project? My 3 year old son. He likes to see me working on the car, and when it's all finished, he usually gives me the "WOW". That lets me know he approves of the subtle changes.

Personal Message or Special Thanks: I'd have to say thanks to my wife. I know how hard it must be, to be married to me. She is always supportive, and kind, even when things just "show up" on the front porch. Even when I come home after accidentally ordering parts at the dealership, she just laughs in an evil kind of way. Even though she wants to kill me, she just smiles in the most polite, yet fake manner. I couldn't ask for a better partner...

Car Details
Interior Modifications: Infotainment system screen protector, (left on by factory). Plastic e-brake cover, (left on by factory). Recaro child seat that converts into a booster, with two seat protectors under it.

Stereo: Totally stock, and totally sucks. At least I have Bluetooth.

Exterior Modifications: Clear bra to protect my paint, mild tint, and no front plate.

Wheels/Tires: Custom 18" Audi A8 Gullideckels that were left with a machined finish, then a clear powdercoat was applied to preserve the look. I had Mr. KK916 design sewer cap logos, based on actual sewer caps in four different German towns. We cut them from vinyl, and painstakingly laid them on the wheels. The tires are a 225/40 Dunlop Direzza DZ102 Ultra High Performance Summer, and really suck in the rain.

Brakes: Stock

Engine: Stock

Exhaust: Stock

Suspension: WRD coils with an in-development springs.

Future Mods: Not knowing how long I'm actually going to have this vehicle, future mods are kind of undecided. I did already accidentally purchase a full GLI lower body kit for the car, so look for that coming soon. Ideally before Wuste, I would like to have some subtle interior mods, as well as LED SEL Jetta headlights, and GLI LED tail lights.

I alone stand in a social corner- Aesop Rock
Everyone telling me what I need. They can play a role in my life, but never the lead -Lil Wayne
-Jake

400HPA4
Parts Whore

Re: April 2016 C.O.T.M. Landon's 2016 Jetta S 1.4T

Postby 400HPA4 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:41 pm

Here is my nomination private message to Jake...

400HPA4 wrote:I'd like to nominate Landon's new Jetta for COM, you need to feature it quickly because Landon's cars typically suffer a premature demise :D

zuhaelter_82
Sweet baby Jesus I have no life
Sweet baby Jesus I have no life

Postby zuhaelter_82 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:07 pm

LOL, thanks Greg.
TheWorm wrote: Ever wonder what makes special sauce so special? Yo!"

veedubman72
sacwater diehard
sacwater diehard

Postby veedubman72 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:35 pm

Ok, I'm down with that. I was beginning to think the only way to make COTM is for it to be new and have only owned it for 3 weeks. :wiggle:
k8TDI wrote:You're weird

fahvergnügen
Barbie Is My Co-Pilot

Postby fahvergnügen » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:59 pm

veedubman72 wrote:Ok, I'm down with that. I was beginning to think the only way to make COTM is for it to be new and have only owned it for 3 weeks. :wiggle:

:violin:
Wow

turtlesgirl
SacWater Mom

Postby turtlesgirl » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:51 pm

Love
Needs an updated forward facing photo though.. :)
~amber
www.NorCalVW.com
beautiful, heartfelt music….cheese fries….hey there’s cuba…

1 can 'rado
sacwater diehard
sacwater diehard

Postby 1 can 'rado » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:10 am

Congrats.
1985 TOYOTA Corolla GT-S Hatchback, 4A-GE, AE86, LSD, Silver Metallic, Daily Driver

"My Hachi Roku wants to touch your FUNKENGRUVEN"

Return to “Car Of The Month”