October COTM is Kyle's 2013 Jetta 2.5 SE

The SacWater Car of the Month Forum!

Moderator: my02vr6

my02vr6
sacwater is my life
sacwater is my life

October COTM is Kyle's 2013 Jetta 2.5 SE

Postby my02vr6 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:32 pm

Your Name: Kyle Belchem a.k.a KJ Picayune.

Car's Name: Evelyn

Model/Year: 2013 Jetta 2.5 SE

How long have you had your car? 2 years

Is there anything unique about the history of this car? Nope. Unless you consider a 2000 mile pre-owned car unique.

Why did you choose to purchase this car? Needed a reliable commuter with a warranty.

Does anything in particular influence the direction you take when modifying your car? Definitely OEM+ while adding some of my own personal touches.

What would you do to the car if money were no object? I'd do an independent rear swap with a TT sub frame upfront to turn it into a great corner carver. I'd also get a Integrated Engineering manifold to help the motor breathe better. Cayenne brakes would be nice too.

Who has been your biggest critic of this project? Family. The fact that I continue to put money into a car I'm paying off, makes no sense to them.

Personal Message or Special Thanks: All of the people here who appreciate my "not slammed on coils with $1000 wheels car". It's hard to stand out with a slight drop, but the compliments I get make it worth it. Mike S and Pat for all the times I needed coding or a particular part.

Car Details

Interior Modifications:
Stereo: Added a set of buttons to the steering wheel to allow full display in the cluster. Audi Q7 dummy 12v plug that matches the silver trim.

Exterior Modifications: Smoked GLI tail lights (non-led), Jetta Hybrid grille with a VW exclusive badge. Matching rear blue emblem from a Hybrid too.

Wheels/Tires: GTI wheels with 235/40/18 tires. All about contact patch!

Brakes: Amazing stock brakes.

Engine: Stock with a OEM 911 oil cap and black Tiguan coolant cap.

Exhaust: Stock

Suspension: Factory struts with H&R sport springs.

Future Mods: A lot. RCD 510 touch screen stereo w/o NAV, MK7 GTI replica headlights, full cat back exhaust, 2015 Jetta Sport trim for the interior and LED bulbs everywhere. I also am looking at a yellow LED light bar to mount behind the lower grill as a fog light set up, wired into a euro switch. A Unibrace to stiffen up the chassis and an intake once the warranty runs out. And soon, a GLI rear bumper and diffuser.
02.5 GTI O:o====o:O 90.5 GLI [__]==\X/==[__]
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
-Benjamin Franklin

Quadcaddy
sacwater diehard
sacwater diehard

Re: October COTM is Kyle's 2013 Jetta 2.5 SE

Postby Quadcaddy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:50 pm

Why did you choose to purchase this car? I needed a car that didn't blow up transmissions.

Congratulations, she's looking nice Kyle.
♫♫♪Where is my mind? ♪♫♪

taurus
sacwater is my life
sacwater is my life

Postby taurus » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:34 pm

my02vr6 wrote:... I also am looking at a yellow LED light bar to mount behind the lower grill as a fog light set up...

I wouldn't advise this. LED's generally scatter light that bounces off of reflective surfaces very well--both bad for fog lights. Unless there's something out there with a sharp cutoff and a more focused beam pattern, get some HID fogs and save the LED bar for high beam duties.

Car's looking good. :thumbup:
~Karl
'13 Golf R
WTB: '08+ Rabbit/Golf 2.5L manual
function ≥ form

TastyMcNugget
sacwater regular
sacwater regular

Postby TastyMcNugget » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:56 pm

Congrats Kyle!! I like the looks of the rear on the GLI's. should look nice on your car.
"Bagged on racelands" -Katie (k8TDI)-

DucMike
President

Postby DucMike » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:55 am

Good looking whip sir. I do sometimes get the itch to go with something newer & just be done with it, but that goes away pretty quickly.
Mike S. :roll: (and where the hell is my smilee?)
2008 .:R32
2003 GTI 20th A.E.
1996 GTI VR6
1991 B3 Variant
1976 Rabbit
1966 T3 Variant

"What; was she Australian or something?"
"No, she was white."

Hei Hei
Tressure

Postby Hei Hei » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:39 am

DucMike wrote:Good looking whip sir. I do sometimes get the itch to go with something newer & just be done with it, but that goes away pretty quickly.

For me, it's nice to get in a car and just go. Whether it's 3 or a 100 miles, I'm not so uncertain anymore. LOL.I hated that feeling in the MK3. I can go there.....but will I get back? It's nice to have a car that needs no special attention. Even though I do give it in spades. Again, thanks for your help, now and in the future. Your builds are huge motivations for doing it clean and right.
Imported from Africa

Return to “Car Of The Month”